“If you are having thoughts of suicide, talk to someone you trust”
"Things always get better with time"
“Sometimes all we need is just a new perspective.”
“Life isn’t about finding yourself it is about creating yourself”
We offer the following training
ASIST (applied suicide intervention skills training)
- ASIST is a World leader in Suicide Prevention Training Solutions. Suicide can be prevented. Everyone has a role to play. No matter what that role is, our training programs prepare individuals, organizations and communities to make a difference.
- Suicide skills are needed more than ever.
- ASIST is ideal for making organizations and communities safer. They protect people, save money, and offer support for everyone.
- ASIST is a 2-day training. The cost includes the 2 days of ASIST training, the workbook, a wallet card, ASIST stickers and a certificate of completion.
“I thoroughly enjoyed the ASIST curriculum and am recommending the training to my employer. Lesley and Rick were wonderful trainers and I was grateful for the opportunity to have met them. They provided invaluable insight and guidance regarding current issues in mental health and they went above and beyond.”
safeTALK (suicide alertness for everyone)
Upcoming Training Dates To Be Announced
safeTALK is a half day workshop featuring powerful presentations, audiovisuals and practice.
With safeTALK training you will learn how to prevent suicide by recognizing signs and engaging someone and connecting them to an intervention resource for further support.
A skilled supportive trainer will guide you through the course and a community support resource will be on hand to support your safety and comfort.
We offer this training in the community however we do strongly encourage this training to be done within organizations along with ASIST so that your entire team is equipped with the skills to save lives.
Suicide is everyone’s responsibility. We all have a role to play.
What are the benefits of training?
- Creates a supportive safety network
- Shows the organizations/individuals support for safety and well-being
- These skills can be used at work/home/community
- Establishes the organization as a leader in social responsibility
- Provides the individual with the confidence and the skill to support a person struggling with thoughts of suicide
- High probability of reducing your costs for absenteeism/sick time and long-term disability claims
We are here to help!
We will be with you every step of the way as you work to make your organization or community safer from suicide.
Here is how we will support you.
Let's start a conversation
Areas we serve:
South Central Ontario
Central West Ontario
Niagara Region, Ontario